Had to fix a heater that had a bad exhaust motor. When this heater was installed the chimney did not have rain cap on it so some water got down the flu and started rusting out the motor and casing. Amazing what a twenty dollar piece of tin can prevent.
Old motor and casing.
New motor and casing.
Cleaned up the unit and mating surfaces before putting on a new fire proof gasket between the casing and heat box as well.
I also replaced all the exhaust pipe that was showing signs of wear.
Works like new again!
With all the accessories installed and checked it was finally time to attach the router to the plate.
The plate actually had line up dots on it that corresponded to my old Triton Router so after triple checking the line up with the routers regular plate I drilled the holes and recessed them.
With the router mounted and everything tightened down I took it for a quick test spin with a cheap bit. Even with a cheapo bit it looks great!
Be sure to look for some Router videos coming in 2019!
Ever since I was a kid watching Norm Abram building his router table I have always wanted to have one. Now at the age of 44 that dream has come true after saving up for a few years on the side. After looking at different models and custom made versions I went for this Kreg model. It is compact, cheap, but good quality. The other plus is that my router will fit it perfectly.
In this post we will put the stand together.
Here is the contents of the box after opening it.
The instructions say to assemble the stand first so I layed out all the parts for it.
First thing to do was put on the rubber leg supports.
Next, assemble the long front and back sides then connect them with the short runners.
The frame went together easily. Once all four sides were bolted together it was real strong already without the top on.
Brought up my old workbench from the basement now that I have room for it again in the workshop and modified it a bit to make it more usable.
I started off by cutting off 3 1/2 inches on the legs so it is at a better working height.
The top has a bit of flex in it so I am going to add another layer to it.
Adding a quarter inch to the old half inch plywood that someone was throwing out.
Cleaned the surface and add some glue between the layers.
Lots of screws later the flex is gone.
Adding the side boards back on to the new top thickness and inserting the smooth mdf top layer. Also storing the extra train track underneath till spring.
Plenty of power.