A few weeks after we moved the shed and cemented the baggage cart permanently in place in front of it, I started on the detail work. The eves looked barren so I decided to box them in.
With some scrap 2x4s and some Kreg screws I made some kick-outs that the eve parts will mount to as I can't screw though the shingles to hold them on.
Adding the 1x6 boards. They are PVC white so they will never rot or need painted.
I also added a small window to let light in as well as dress it up to look like a ticket window.
Removing the corner trim I caulked any holes and painted in all the trim with a brush.I also painted behind the cart by hand as it can't be moved.
With the paint dry I check for any missed spots such as the window screws then put the corner trim back on.
The last touch is some train signage to give it that depot feel. This Fall I will make some additional trim details.
Brought up my old workbench from the basement now that I have room for it again in the workshop and modified it a bit to make it more usable.
I started off by cutting off 3 1/2 inches on the legs so it is at a better working height.
The top has a bit of flex in it so I am going to add another layer to it.
Adding a quarter inch to the old half inch plywood that someone was throwing out.
Cleaned the surface and add some glue between the layers.
Lots of screws later the flex is gone.
Adding the side boards back on to the new top thickness and inserting the smooth mdf top layer. Also storing the extra train track underneath till spring.
Plenty of power.
All the used lumber we collected over the winter made no room to work safely so I converted the attic space above the garage door into a storage area. The wafer board plywood we got with the recycled material even had enough to make a floor so nothing small can fall through. To bad it is April and still snowing outside. I can't wait to build stuff!