Finishing off the eves of the shed now that the new roof is on. For the sides I used my Kreg tool to make pocket holes for screws to hold on the 2x4 extensions that will hold one the under and side boards.
Here is where I got the Kreg tool.... https://amzn.to/2IDlDkN amzn.to/2IDlDkN
Have had this shop vac for over 10 years now. Got it used, but it never had a complete handle so I rummaged through my scraps today finally and found some aluminum and PVC fittings. I drilled corresponding holes in the aluminum so the push button releases work if I ever need them too. The PVC handle is screwed to the new aluminum rail. Now I can tilt the vacuum back properly when I need to wheel it about. Part two will be attaching the vortex bucket to the system so my filter does not clog up with the fine dust.
Upgrading the last of the lights in the shop to LED. Replaced the cluster of different lighting sources in the center of the shop to just the one type. I had to change the junction box out to an double gang outlet style.
So nice to not have strobing lights as it is now all LED a lower power bill as well will be nice.
All the used lumber we collected over the winter made no room to work safely so I converted the attic space above the garage door into a storage area. The wafer board plywood we got with the recycled material even had enough to make a floor so nothing small can fall through. To bad it is April and still snowing outside. I can't wait to build stuff!
For being the first weekend in March it is very warm, so the workshop started on it's first main project of the year. Making railroad tracks for a ride-a-top railroad.
140 feet of track equals
280 feet of aluminum rail
420 wood ties
1700 screws and washers
All put together with hand tools only! Never built track before so it was a big learning curve and lots of research.
This is one of the few times I had to buy new lumber instead of using recycled material. At these ties will be in contact with the ground and aluminum at the same time, they needed to be treated with a safe product that was not around a few years ago. First I cut all the 2x4s to length and then cut them in half. After airing out for a few hours I stacked them neatly in the workshop to slowly dry the rest of the way over the winter while the shop is closed. See you in the spring!