Lots of other odds and ends to finish up on the workbench today. I started with making the adjustable leg risers. Bringing in the drill press as it is close to zero out today. Cutting out a whole bunch of circles a bit bigger than the adjustable feet themselves.
Some legs needed bigger spaces so two of them were glued together.
For where they were placed I used regular glue to affix them to the fibers on the feet. that way in the future if I ever needed to take them off they won't be to hard to do.
Thereason i did not attach the spacers directly to the legs first is for the same reason, I i ever move the tables I want to be able to start with level legs.
Looks way better and not going to bump into them. Once I get the majority of wiring done I will put some cross braces in as well front to back.
Not pretty but chiseled out the cross-members in the pit ares to make future wiring easier.
Using a cheap disposable 7/8 spade bit, it was time to add the last of the bus wire holes.
Three new holes here...
Two more here for where the turntable benchwork will be in the future once the roundhouse is completed.
With the 12 slots cut out of the plywood top, it needed some extra support. So I made a new beam to put down the center of the stalls. Then I screwed down the top permanently to the three beams. Tomorrow I will add some plywood strips between the other stalls on the bottom side for additional support and to keep the top from warping in the future.
Using some older recycled 2x4s that have been acclimating for over a month in the workshop for over a month, I cut them to 36 inches and then cut them in half.
I then did a modified version of the setup on the left to drill centered holes in the bottom of the legs for adjustable feet.
Once together I brought the legs inside so the can acclimate again for a few weeks before installing them.